Facts brought to you by the US Forest Service
- Remain calm.
- Flammable materials such as wood move in safe place away from the house.
- Back vehicles into the garage facing the outside, and roll up all the windows. Never try to find shelter inside your vehicle.
- Close the garage door, but leave it unlocked. If electric, disconnect it so that the door can be opened manually.
- Open the entrance of your yard in order to facilitate the access of the fire fighters and vehicles.
- Shut off any fuel tank and gas cylinder.
- Close all exterior vents. Close all exterior doors (don´t lock them) and windows.
- Attach pre-cut plywood panels to the exterior of windows and glass doors.
- Make sure that all garden hoses are connected to faucets, and attach a nozzle set on “spray”
- Prop a ladder against the house so fire fighters have easy access to the roof
- Tune in to a local radio station and listen for instructions
- Make sure all family members are in the same room of the house.
- After the passing of the fire get out of the house and extinguish immediately small fires. For any smoke, water or fire damage cleanup call SERVPRO of Monterey Peninsula (831) 275-1901